7/17/2015

The Worst Romantic Comedy I Have Ever Seen



Here you go Samantha.

Yes, I hate Notting Hill and yes, I am writing a blogpost to express my hate for it.

Yes, it's been quite awhile since I posted here and no, I don't have a good excuse for doing so.

Enough about me, let's talk about the movie. I watched this two months ago with my boyfriend. He loves it while I hate it. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. I have never understood the appeal of Julia Robers -not until later when I see her in Closer (I know, it's late. I don't care.)

Anyway, not liking Julia Roberts made it hard for me to like her character, Anna. I tried so hard to sympathize for her but I can't. I just can't. I can't sympathize with a celebrity who earns millions of dollars doing movies, and numerously dumps the one man who was actually sincere towards her for her asshole actor boyfriend.

That scene in the bookstore where she says, "I'm just a girl standing in front of a boy..." my eyes were twitching in mixed feelings of anger and amazement of how cheesy such a movie could be.

The only thing salvageable about the movie is young Hugh Grant. Then again, I've yet to meet someone who's irresistibly dorky and charming as his character.

This opinion will not matter in ten years. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment